Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is one of Australia’s oldest and most respected universities. The main campus is located in Parkville, just north of Melbourne’s CBD. Filled with leafy streets and heritage houses, the neighbourhood surrounding the university is home to a large student community.
The University of Melbourne’s Parkville campus is a short distance from several UniLodge apartments, including:
- UniLodge Lincoln House
- UniLodge Royal Melbourne
- College Square on Swanston
- Student Living - 746 Swanston
- Student Living - 740 Swanston
- Student Living - 570 Swanston
- Student Living D1
- Student Living - 570 Lygon
- Student Living -550 Lygon
- Lisa Bellear House
- Student Living on Villiers
- UniLodge Carlton
Travel Times and Transport Options
All UniLodge apartments near the University of Melbourne offer easy access to the Parkville campus, so you can live like a local while enjoying an easy commute to class.
Travel times to Melbourne University:
- From UniLodge Lincoln House: 3-min walk to the Southern Enterance, Gate 8
- From UniLodge Royal Melbourne: 10-min walk to the Western Entrance, Gate 11
- From Student Living- 800 Swanston: 5-minute walk, 3-minute bike ride
- From Student Living - 746 Swanston - Student Living: 4-minute walk, 2-minute bike ride
- From Student Living - 740 Swanston: 4-minute walk, 2-minute bike ride
- FromStudent Living - 570 Swanston: 10-minute walk, 4-minute bike ride, 5 minutes by tram
- From Student Living D1: 8-minute walk, 3-minute bike ride
- From Student Living - 570 Lygon: 15-minute walk, 5-minute bike ride, 9 minutes by tram
- From Student Living - 550 Lygon: 14-minute walk, 5-minute bike ride, 8 minutes by tram
- From The University of Melbourne @ 303 Royal Parade: 25-minute walk, 7-minute bike ride, 22 minutes by tram
- From Student Living on Villiers: 7-10 minute walk to UoM (Baillieu Library entrance).
The University of Melbourne is easy to reach as it’s so well connected to the city’s public transport network. The closest City Loop station to the Parkville campus is Melbourne Central. You can catch a tram, ride a bike or simply walk to campus and other parts of Melbourne from your accommodation.
With its coffee shops and friendly student community, Parkville is the perfect suburb to experience the best of Melbourne. The boulevards of Royal Parade and Flemington Road are lined with trees, making it easy to forget you’re so close to the CBD. Melbourne city’s multicultural vibe can be seen in Parkville, which features a mix of international restaurants and shops.
Located within easy reach of Melbourne’s most famous attractions, Parkville is a short tram ride away from Federation Square, the Royal Botanic Gardens, and the city’s famous arcades and laneways.
We offer purpose-built facilities for students. Our rooms and apartments are comfortable and secure, providing you with a safe and welcoming home away from home during your university years. All our apartments feature furnished rooms and we have dedicated spaces for studying or socialising, so you can find a balance between getting good grades and making new friends.
Contact UniLodge to book your student accommodation today.