With various apartment types available at great weekly rates, all fully furnished and located on campus at Student Living Ilam and Sonoda Christchurch Campus, it is perfect for students looking to meet new friends and have the ease of on campus lifestyle.
Get in quick!
Don't forget to enter the Promotion Code “EARLYBIRD22” into the Promotion Code field during the online application process.
Terms and Conditions
Application Terms and Conditions
By entering the UCA Campaign – Early Bird Offer 2022 conducted by the Promoter, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. In this campaign, unless the context otherwise provided, the following words are defined as follows:
a. NZST means New Zealand Standard Time;
b. NSDT means New Zealand Daylight Savings Time;
c. Current Resident has the meaning given to that expression in Clause 4;
d. Previous Resident has the meaning given to that expression in Clause 5;
e. The Promoter is UniLodge New Zealand;
f. Residential Agreement means the formal legal agreement entitled “Residential Agreement” between UniLodge New Zealand and the Current Resident or Previous Resident in respect of a specified room type at the Village for a minimum of 48 Weeks;
g. Village means University of Canterbury Student Accommodation;
2. Refer to Table 1 below for particulars of the campaign, subject to the terms and conditions below:
Early Bird Offer Promotion Category
Early Bird Offer Promotional Offer Description
Campaign Commencement Date
Campaign Closing Date
Residential Agreement Withdrawal Date*
Early Bird Offer
New World Voucher, as specified. Plus 4 weeks’ Rent Free period in 5 or 6 Bedroom Flats in IIam Apartments (excluding Manuka), or 5 Bedroom Flats in Sonoda Christchurch Campus
1 June 2021
17 January 2022 (unless sold out)
17 January 2022
*No-ongoing liability, initial fees are refundable, except the non-refundable Admin Fee
3. The campaign commences at 12 PM NZST on 1 June 2021 (Campaign Commencement Date) and closes at 5:00 PM NZDT on 17 January 2022 (Campaign Closing Date) (Campaign Period).
4. A Current Resident is a person who:
a. is residing in any Student Accommodation at the University of Canterbury under a valid and current 2021 Residential Agreement as at the Campaign Commencement Date,
b. has, by the Campaign Closing Date, submitted to the Promoter a completed and signed Residential Agreement and all associated documents required by the Promoter, including (without limitation) payment of the returner Admin Fee, annual Residential Life Fee, (if required) a Contingency Fee top-up and provision of direct debit details for your 2022 Residential Fee in advance, entitling them to be placed into the draw for the applicable Promotion Category.
5. A Previous Resident is a person who:
a. Previously resided at a property at the University of Canterbury under a valid 2019 or 2020 Residential Agreement,
b. has, by the Campaign Closing Date, submitted to the Promoter a completed and signed Residential Agreement and all associated documents required by the Promoter, including (without limitation) payment of the Admin Fee, annual Residential Life Fee, Contingency Fee and provision of direct debit details for your 2022 Residential Fee in advance, entitling them to be placed into the draw for the applicable Promotion Category.
6. To be an eligible winner in the Early Bird Offer Promotion Category, you must first satisfy the particulars outlined in Table 1.
a. This promotion is claimed once an eligible applicant has registered on the website and has met the conditions detailed in Clause 7 of this document.
b. The promotional offer is awarded per resident with each eligible resident receiving a voucher for New World (New World Voucher), valued at $200.
c. The New World Voucher is only awarded if you satisfy all the terms and conditions set out in this offer and is subject to and conditional upon your Residential Agreement not being terminated for any reason or you breaching any of the terms of your Residential Agreement. If you cancel your Residential Agreement or do not stay for the 2022 academic year, you agree to reimburse the Village the amount you have received for the New World Voucher.
d. To be an eligible winner, you cannot terminate your 2022 Residential Agreement by the Residential Agreement Withdrawal Date.
e. The New World Voucher is not transferable or redeemable for cash nor usable in conjunction with any other offer. 1 voucher only per confirmed 2022 Residential Agreement.
f. Eligible applicants must enter the Promotion Code “EARLYBIRD22” into the Promotion Code field during the online application process.
7. For each participant to be entitled to the New World Voucher and Rent-Free Period offered under this Campaign, the following conditions must be met to the satisfaction of the Promoter:
a. All Promotional Offer Participants must, by the Campaign Closing Date
i. return to the Promoter, a completed and signed Residential Agreement for 2022 for Ilam Apartments or Sonoda Christchurch Campus;
ii. must be an enrolled student for the 2022 academic year at the University of Canterbury and eligible for an Ilam Apartments or Sonoda Christchurch Campus Residential Agreement;
iii. have paid all associated fees and provided associated supporting documentation to the Promoter in connection with the Residential Agreement; and;
b. All Forms must be completed and submitted in legible English;
c. UniLodge staff and students arriving on a “Study Abroad” program are not eligible for this offer.
d. All participants under this Campaign must be people you know and have consented to the disclosure of their personal details as set out in the Form. Spamming or solicitation for the purposes of participating in this Campaign will not be eligible and may result in both you and your friends being disqualified from the Campaign. The Promoter further reserves the right to cancel an entitlement to a Rent-Free Period and New World Voucher awarded to you by the Promoter, at its absolute discretion, at any time after the Campaign Period or the entitlement being awarded to you.
8. By entering the promotion, you warrant that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this Campaign.
9. Fraudulent information, behaviour or other improper use of the Campaign or any entitlements granted under this Campaign (in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter) may result in (without limitation) the cancellation of your Rent-Free Period and New World Voucher, or your suspension from Ilam Apartments or Sonoda Christchurch Campus and/or termination of your Residential Agreement.
10. The Promoter shall notify the eligible applicants for the Promotion Category via email and/or phone number provided by the eligible applicants in their application within 28 days after the Campaign Closing Date.
11. The awarding of the applicable promotional offer to the eligible applicants for the Promotion Category is subject to and conditional upon:
a. The eligible applicants having paid the applicable Admin Fee or returner Admin Fee (whichever is applicable), annual Residential Life Fee, Contingency Fee or (if required) a Contingency Fee top-up (whichever is applicable) and provision of direct debit details for your residential fees in advance pursuant to the 2022 Residential Agreement; and
b. the 2022 Residential Agreements not being terminated for any reason; and
c. the eligible applicants not being in breach (or having an unremedied breach) of any obligation under their current 2021 Residential Agreement or previous 2019 or 2020 Residential Agreement at the time of the relevant Campaign Closing Date.
12. The eligible applicants acknowledge and agrees to reimburse the Promoter any entitlements awarded under this campaign if the eligible applicants cancel their Residential Agreement or do not stay for the full contracted term under the Residential Agreement.
13. The Promoter reserves the right at any time during the campaign period to:
a. change the terms and conditions of this campaign;
b. withdraw, cancel, modify or suspend the campaign; and
c. change the value or nature of the promotional offer under this campaign.
14. Any benefits or promotional offers derived from this campaign are not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash, neither can it be used or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer or promotion offered by the Promoter.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
a. late, lost, misdirected, incomplete or incorrect entries;
b. the withdrawal, cancellation, modification or suspension of this campaign; and
c. tax implications that may arise from the promotional offers awarded under this campaign.
It is the responsibility of applicants to seek independent financial, legal or other professional advice before making any applications under this campaign.
16. To the extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will the Promoter be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with your participation in the campaign or any promotional offers either during or after the campaign period, even if the Promoter has been advised of the possibility of such damages.