With its cosmopolitan city and culturally rich suburbs, Melbourne provides the perfect setting for you to enjoy your university years. Embrace the student lifestyle by finding somewhere to call home near the University of Melbourne.
How to Choose the Right University of Melbourne Accommodation
The University of Melbourne is surrounded by housing options. Whether you’re eager to discover the city’s culture or you want to focus on your studies, there’s something for every student in this bustling metropolis.
Your accommodation will influence how you experience university, so it’s important to choose carefully.
Things to Consider
- Location – Staying on-campus has its benefits, but living away from the insular bubble of the university may help you feel more at home in Melbourne.
- Social opportunities – Are you excited to participate in social activities with classmates, or will you spend most of your free time studying?
- Budget – Finding a place with affordable rent is key to enjoying your university years.
From the University of Melbourne dorms to student apartments, there’s a wide range of accommodation options on offer. These are some of the pros and cons of popular housing options available to students in search of Melbourne uni accommodation:
Pros and Cons of Shared Housing
- Pros – Affordable rent, independence from university regulations
- Cons – Messy home environment, noisy housemates
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
- Pros – Availability of social and educational activities, proximity to classes
- Cons – Reduced independence and privacy, culturally insular
Pros and Cons of Homestay
- Pros – Quiet living conditions, easy access to local experiences, support of host family
- Cons – Isolation from other students, lack of independence
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
- Pros – Safety, social opportunities, modern facilities
- Cons – Close living quarters, low numbers of local students
The University of Melbourne website is a great resource for students looking for somewhere to live. If you want to spend your time at uni in an apartment designed especially for students, keep reading to learn about our accommodation near the University of Melbourne.
Why Choose UniLodge for the University of Melbourne Accommodation?
There are several UniLodge apartments located close to the University of Melbourne, offering students the convenience of living near campus. But proximity isn’t the only reason to choose UniLodge – surrounded by cafés, art galleries and vibrant urban centres, our Melbourne uni accommodation will make you feel like a real Melbournian.
University of Melbourne Apartments
All the following UniLodge apartments are ideally located for University of Melbourne students:
- UniLodge Royal Melbourne - studios and 5 bedroom multi-share apartments
- UniLodge Lincoln House - standard and ensuite bedrooms
- College Square on Swanston – Studio, 1-bedroom twin, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments
- UniLodge @ Melbourne – Studio single and studio twin apartments
- UniLodge @ 740 – Studio and 1-bedroom apartments
- 570 Swanston – 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom apartments
- UniLodge D1 – Studio and superior studio apartments
- College Square on Lygon – 1-bedroom, twin share and 2-bedroom apartments available
- 550 Lygon – 1-bedroom, twin share and 2-bedroom apartment
- Lisa Bellear House – Studio, 1-bedroom (1 bathroom), 3-bedroom (2 bathroom), 4-bedroom (2 bathroom), 4-bedroom (4 bathroom), 5-bedroom (3 bathroom) apartments
- UniLodge on Villiers – 1-bedroom, 1-bedroom (large) apartments
- University Apartments – Studio apartments for single or double occupancy
Learn more about our University of Melbourne accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.