Please view individual Hot Offers for terms and conditions.
UniLodge and Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Partnership
*Things you need to know:
The offer is valid from 01/10/2021 to 01/10/2022 or until our allocation is exhausted.
Your lease must commence prior to or on the 31/10/2022.
Minimum lease requirements, see your participating property for minimum and maximum stay periods.
To undertake this offer you must be a minimum of 18 years old.
All new bookings must have paid their advance rent of 2 weeks to secure their booking as outlined in the letter of offer by the date specified in it. Failure to pay deposit by the specified date will void this offer.
It is a requirement of your lease that we provide your personal details to the Australian Institute of Management so they can enrol you.
You must abide by all terms and conditions that are set out by Australian Institute of Management.
You will receive 1 FREE Australian Institute of Management Online Program, valued up to $2,420.00 AUD.
You will have up to 6 months to complete your selected course, with the time commencing from your enrolment date.
You may opt to complete another course (optional) from the Australian Institute of Management Online Program exclusive to UniLodge, which you will be charged directly by the Australian Institute of Management at a UniLodge concessional rate of $150.00 AUD per course.
This offer cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
This offer is valid at the following properties:
- UniLodge Park Central
- UniLodge Toowong
- UniLodge Victoria University
- Student Living - 550 Lygon
- Student Living - 570 Lygon
- Student Living - 590 Lygon
- Student Living on Cobden
- Student Living - 740 Swanston
- Student Living - 800 Swanston
- Student Living on Villiers
- Student Living on Raleigh
- Student Living on Campus
- Student Living D1
- Student Living D2
- Student Living on Riversdale
- Student Living on Lonsdale
- Student Living - Vivida
- Student Living on Flinders
- Student Living - 339 Swanston
- Student Living - 570 Swanston
- Student Living on A’Beckett
- UniLodge Park Avenue
- UniLodge City Gardens
- UniLodge Metro Adelaide
- UniLodge Royal Melbourne and is not available at any other UniLodge property in Australia or New Zealand.
This offer is not valid with bookings that have already been deposited/received/accepted.
This offer may not to be used in conjunction with any other UniLodge offer.
This offer is not valid if booked via education agents, bookings agents or referral agents.
Property Resident Renewals Terms and Conditions
UniLodge Metro Adelaide
- All renewals must be confirmed by 5pm 01/11/2021 to be eligible to receive this offer.
- If a resident signs a renewal for a six-month contract they will receive 1 Weeks Free Rent, which will be applied at the end of their contract.
- If a resident signs a renewal for a twelve-month contract they will receive 2 Weeks Free Rent, which will be applied at the end of their contract.
- Discounted rates can be discussed based on length of renewed contract.
- This renewal offer is only available to current and eligible residents at UniLodge @ Metro Adelaide who sign a 6- or 12-month lease.
- This offer cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- Only one (1) incentive or discount applicable per renewal.
- This offer is not valid with leases that have already been renewed.
- This offer is valid at UniLodge @ Metro Adelaide and is not available at any other UniLodge property in Australia or New Zealand.
- You will not be eligible for the offer if your lease is broken before the lease end date.
- The tenant agrees by signing the renewal that they have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the updated Resident Handbook located LINK HERE.
Application and Booking Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to your application for accommodation with UniLodge Australia. Please review these terms carefully and print or save a copy for your reference. These terms and conditions apply to all individual and small group applications.
The application terms and conditions are provided in English only. If you do not understand any part of the application terms and conditions, please contact the property’s reservation team. If you choose to access the website from locations outside of Australia, you are responsible for complying with local laws.
- The application terms and conditions relate to all UniLodge properties in Australia and New Zealand.
- They apply to all individual and small group applications made:
a. online through our websites;
b. in person at a UniLodge property;
c. over the phone;
d. via email;
e. via App;
f. via an educational agent;
g. via any other method accepted and approved by UniLodge
- All applications for accommodation will be reviewed by the property’s team to ensure applicants meet our minimum requirements. Applicants must be considered in accordance with the Equal Opportunity Act 1995. There must be no discrimination based on: age, sex, marital, parental or carer status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disabilities, physical features, race, religious, political or industrial activities or beliefs or personal association with someone else who may be treated unfairly on the basis of any of the above.
- Upon successful review, we will send you a Letter of Offer for accommodation. Your Letter of Offer will set out the next steps and any payments due that are required to accept your Offer and secure your accommodation with UniLodge.
- All rooms and rates are for occupation by one (1) person only, unless specified otherwise such as twin share rooms for two (2) people.
- Although we try to ensure the room rates and other costs published on our website are accurate, changes may sometimes occur and we will only be bound by the rates and costs set out in your Letter of Offer.
- If you are under 18 years of age you must have consent of a parent or legal guardian when making an application.
- If you are under 18 years of age when you are scheduled to move into your UniLodge accommodation, your application will only be accepted at an approved Under 18’s property as indicated on the UniLodge website.
- If you are an International student and 17 years of age when you are scheduled to move into your UniLodge accommodation, you must seek permission from your University or College to reside at a UniLodge Property. You will be able to apply to only those properties that are approved to accommodate Under 18 students. These approved properties are listed on the UniLodge website. Please note we do not accept students younger than 17 years of age.
- Whilst every endeavour is made to place you in the room nominated through the UniLodge website, UniLodge cannot guarantee you will be offered the room type requested. Please check your Letter of Offer carefully.
- If you wish to cancel your online booking, please let us know in writing via email to the reservations team at UniLodge. Please note there may be a penalty to cancel. Please refer to the cancellation policy in your Letter of Offer.
- We may at our discretion cancel your application for accommodation should any of the following occur:
a. the information you provide as part of the application process is false; or
b. you fail to comply with your obligations in the Booking Terms & Conditions;
To view the UniLodge Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement - Click Here.
To understand our Financial Services and guiding best practice with you - Click Here.
If you do not wish to receive contents insurance please email us at email@example.com with your Full Name, UniLodge Location and Room Number.
No Visa No Pay Policy
We totally understand that life doesn’t always go to plan, which is why we want to ensure that you have peace of mind when you book with UniLodge*.
Prior to my lease commencing?
If you were not successful in receiving a visa to study in Australia before the commencement of your lease start date, we ask that you complete the following actions:
A written email requesting cancellation, which must be submitted to the property at which your booking is held within 24 hours of you receiving notification from the Department of Home Affairs, along with the email from the Department of Home Affairs advising your refusal notice to study in Australia. You will then be formally advised that your lease agreement will then be cancelled without penalty.
After the commencement of my lease?
If you are cancelling after the commencement of your lease date due to not receiving a visa to study in Australia we ask that you complete the following actions:
A written email notify that you wish to terminate your lease, which must be submitted to the property at which your booking is held within 24 hours of you receiving notification from the Department of Home Affairs, along with the email from the Department of Home Affairs advising your refusal notice to study in Australia. The Property Manager will consider your request for the breaking of your lease and advise whether your request has been accepted.
*Terms and Conditions:
NRAS - The National Rental Affordability Scheme at UniLodge Royal Melbourne and UniLodge on Villiers
The National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) is a government incentive which allows UniLodge to offer accommodation to eligible low to moderate income earners at a rate below market value.
NRAS rooms are available to both Australian and International students, but to qualify for an NRAS apartment, you need to have earned below the certain income limits for the 12 months preceding your lease start date.
To be eligible for an NRAS room you need follow the below:
- Complete an online application.
- You will then receive a request from the property manager to complete an Income Notification Form, and provide supporting documentation outlining your gross income for the 12 months preceding your application date. Please note – you must not exceed the income limits for your 'household composition'. You can find the income limits in 'Information for Tenants' factsheet on the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.
- Complete Statutory Declaration regarding the information you have provided.
- Both local (Australian) and foreign income should be included.
- It relates to your income only, and not the income of your parents.
- Income from scholarships, subsidies, prizes and stipends paid to you is included in your income.
- Payments from your parents or immediate family members, any trust distributions and any tuition money for your course that enters your bank account in the 12 months preceding your contract start date is considered income.
- Income paid to your tertiary education provider for tuition costs will not be counted as income if you provide us with proof of payment.
- It does not include inheritance, superannuation income, gambling winnings or lump sum compensation payments, compensation from insurance or emergency relief or similar assistance.
- You are required to upload source documentation for any income listed. Templates are provided to you via application process, if applicable.
UniLodge will use this information to evaluate your eligibility and, if confirmed, send you a conditional offer of accommodation. If you are not deemed eligible, we will contact you to discuss the alternative non-NRAS room types available.
CANCELLATION POLICY – STRATA BUILDINGS VICTORIA
Once you have entered into an offer and acceptance agreement with the owner, you are legally bound by the Residential Tenancies Act and deemed to be in a leasing arrangement.
We understand that from time-to-time issues can arise with your entry into Australia.
Cancellation without penalty is possible if:
- you fail to meet student status requirement;
- you fail to gain lawful entry into Australia
- you cannot enter Australia due to border closures or restrictions
If you are unable to arrive on your selected date due to flight cancellations, we may be able to move your lease commencement date. Depending on the length of delay, there may be some financial penalties incurred. This is handled on a case-by-case basis. If your flight is delayed, please email the property directly.
Cancellation due to:
- providing false or misleading information during your application or booking process
- failure to pay your bond or rent in advance
- failure to sign the Residential Tenancy Agreement when required
- a change of mind
will result in a monetary penalty. This may include forfeiting some or all of your advance rental payment and/or bond payment and is negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Please note any refundable fees will be processed within 14 days of finalisation of refund.