Please view individual Hot Offers for terms and conditions.
To view the UniLodge Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement - Click Here.
To understand our Financial Services and guiding best practice with you - Click Here.
If you do not wish to receive contents insurance please email us at [email protected] with your Full Name, UniLodge Location and Room Number.
No Visa No Pay Policy
We totally understand that life doesn’t always go to plan, which is why we want to ensure that you have peace of mind when you book with UniLodge*.
Prior to my lease commencing?
If you were not successful in receiving a visa to study in Australia before the commencement of your lease start date, we ask that you complete the following actions:
A written email requesting cancellation, which must be submitted to the property at which your booking is held within 24 hours of you receiving notification from the Department of Home Affairs, along with the email from the Department of Home Affairs advising your refusal notice to study in Australia. You will then be formally advised that your lease agreement will then be cancelled without penalty.
After the commencement of my lease?
If you are cancelling after the commencement of your lease date due to not receiving a visa to study in Australia we ask that you complete the following actions:
A written email notify that you wish to terminate your lease, which must be submitted to the property at which your booking is held within 24 hours of you receiving notification from the Department of Home Affairs, along with the email from the Department of Home Affairs advising your refusal notice to study in Australia. The Property Manager will consider your request for the breaking of your lease and advise whether your request has been accepted.
*Terms and Conditions:
- The no visa, no pay policy only applies for the following UniLodge Properties: UniLodge @ Metro Adelaide, UniLodge South Bank, UniLodge Royal Melbourne, UniLodge Victoria University and UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House.
- Offer of no visa no pay policy is current as at 15.11.19.
NRAS - The National Rental Affordability Scheme at UniLodge Royal Melbourne
The National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) is a government incentive which allows UniLodge Royal Melbourne to offer accommodation to eligible low to moderate income earners at a rate below market value.
NRAS rooms are available to both Australian and International students, but to qualify for an NRAS apartment, you need to have earned below the certain income limits for the 12 months preceding your lease start date.
To be eligible for an NRAS room you need follow the below:
- Complete an online application.
- You will then receive a request from the property manager to complete an Income Notification Form, and provide supporting documentation outlining your gross income for the 12 months preceding your application date. Please note – you must not exceed the income limits for your 'household composition'. You can find the income limits in 'Information for Tenants' factsheet on the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.
- Complete Statutory Declaration regarding the information you have provided.
- Both local (Australian) and foreign income should be included.
- It relates to your income only, and not the income of your parents.
- Income from scholarships, subsidies, prizes and stipends paid to you is included in your income.
- Payments from your parents or immediate family members, any trust distributions and any tuition money for your course that enters your bank account in the 12 months preceding your contract start date is considered income.
- Income paid to your tertiary education provider for tuition costs will not be counted as income if you provide us with proof of payment.
- It does not include inheritance, superannuation income, gambling winnings or lump sum compensation payments, compensation from insurance or emergency relief or similar assistance.
- You are required to upload source documentation for any income listed. Templates are provided to you via application process, if applicable.
UniLodge Royal Melbourne will use this information to evaluate your eligibility and, if confirmed, send you a conditional offer of accommodation. If you are not deemed eligible, we will contact you to discuss the alternative non-NRAS room types available.