Please view individual Hot Offers for terms and conditions.
Application and Booking Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to your application for accommodation with UniLodge Australia. Please review these terms carefully and print or save a copy for your reference. These terms and conditions apply to all individual and small group applications.
The application terms and conditions are provided in English only. If you do not understand any part of the application terms and conditions, please contact the property’s reservation team. If you choose to access the website from locations outside of Australia, you are responsible for complying with local laws.
- The application terms and conditions relate to all UniLodge properties in Australia and New Zealand.
- They apply to all individual and small group applications made:
a. online through our websites;
b. in person at a UniLodge property;
c. over the phone;
d. via email;
e. via App;
f. via an educational agent;
g. via any other method accepted and approved by UniLodge
- All applications for accommodation will be reviewed by the property’s team to ensure applicants meet our minimum requirements. Applicants must be considered in accordance with the Equal Opportunity Act 1995. There must be no discrimination based on: age, sex, marital, parental or carer status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disabilities, physical features, race, religious, political or industrial activities or beliefs or personal association with someone else who may be treated unfairly on the basis of any of the above.
- Upon successful review, we will send you a Letter of Offer for accommodation. Your Letter of Offer will set out the next steps and any payments due that are required to accept your Offer and secure your accommodation with UniLodge.
- All rooms and rates are for occupation by one (1) person only, unless specified otherwise such as twin share rooms for two (2) people.
- Although we try to ensure the room rates and other costs published on our website are accurate, changes may sometimes occur and we will only be bound by the rates and costs set out in your Letter of Offer.
- If you are under 18 years of age you must have consent of a parent or legal guardian when making an application.
- If you are under 18 years of age when you are scheduled to move into your UniLodge accommodation, your application will only be accepted at an approved Under 18’s property as indicated on the UniLodge website.
- If you are an International student and 17 years of age when you are scheduled to move into your UniLodge accommodation, you must seek permission from your University or College to reside at a UniLodge Property. You will be able to apply to only those properties that are approved to accommodate Under 18 students. These approved properties are listed on the UniLodge website. Please note we do not accept students younger than 17 years of age.
- Whilst every endeavour is made to place you in the room nominated through the UniLodge website, UniLodge cannot guarantee you will be offered the room type requested. Please check your Letter of Offer carefully.
- If you wish to cancel your online booking, please let us know in writing via email to the reservations team at UniLodge. Please note there may be a penalty to cancel. Please refer to the cancellation policy in your Letter of Offer.
- We may at our discretion cancel your application for accommodation should any of the following occur:
a. the information you provide as part of the application process is false; or
b. you fail to comply with your obligations in the Booking Terms & Conditions;
To view the UniLodge Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement - Click Here.
To understand our Financial Services and guiding best practice with you - Click Here.
If you do not wish to receive contents insurance please email us at email@example.com with your Full Name, UniLodge Location and Room Number.
No Visa No Pay Policy
We totally understand that life doesn’t always go to plan, which is why we want to ensure that you have peace of mind when you book with UniLodge*.
Prior to my lease commencing?
If you were not successful in receiving a visa to study in Australia before the commencement of your lease start date, we ask that you complete the following actions:
A written email requesting cancellation, which must be submitted to the property at which your booking is held within 24 hours of you receiving notification from the Department of Home Affairs, along with the email from the Department of Home Affairs advising your refusal notice to study in Australia. You will then be formally advised that your lease agreement will then be cancelled without penalty.
After the commencement of my lease?
If you are cancelling after the commencement of your lease date due to not receiving a visa to study in Australia we ask that you complete the following actions:
A written email notify that you wish to terminate your lease, which must be submitted to the property at which your booking is held within 24 hours of you receiving notification from the Department of Home Affairs, along with the email from the Department of Home Affairs advising your refusal notice to study in Australia. The Property Manager will consider your request for the breaking of your lease and advise whether your request has been accepted.
*Terms and Conditions:
- The no visa, no pay policy only applies for the following UniLodge Properties: UniLodge @ Metro Adelaide, UniLodge South Bank, UniLodge Royal Melbourne, UniLodge Victoria University and UniLodge @ RMIT Bundoora - Walert House.
- Offer of no visa no pay policy is current as at 15.11.19.
NRAS - The National Rental Affordability Scheme at UniLodge Royal Melbourne
The National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) is a government incentive which allows UniLodge Royal Melbourne to offer accommodation to eligible low to moderate income earners at a rate below market value.
NRAS rooms are available to both Australian and International students, but to qualify for an NRAS apartment, you need to have earned below the certain income limits for the 12 months preceding your lease start date.
To be eligible for an NRAS room you need follow the below:
- Complete an online application.
- You will then receive a request from the property manager to complete an Income Notification Form, and provide supporting documentation outlining your gross income for the 12 months preceding your application date. Please note – you must not exceed the income limits for your 'household composition'. You can find the income limits in 'Information for Tenants' factsheet on the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.
- Complete Statutory Declaration regarding the information you have provided.
- Both local (Australian) and foreign income should be included.
- It relates to your income only, and not the income of your parents.
- Income from scholarships, subsidies, prizes and stipends paid to you is included in your income.
- Payments from your parents or immediate family members, any trust distributions and any tuition money for your course that enters your bank account in the 12 months preceding your contract start date is considered income.
- Income paid to your tertiary education provider for tuition costs will not be counted as income if you provide us with proof of payment.
- It does not include inheritance, superannuation income, gambling winnings or lump sum compensation payments, compensation from insurance or emergency relief or similar assistance.
- You are required to upload source documentation for any income listed. Templates are provided to you via application process, if applicable.
UniLodge Royal Melbourne will use this information to evaluate your eligibility and, if confirmed, send you a conditional offer of accommodation. If you are not deemed eligible, we will contact you to discuss the alternative non-NRAS room types available.