Leaving home to further your studies is a great opportunity to find your feet as an independent adult. If you’ve enrolled at Victoria University, moving into student accommodation will help you experience the greatest aspects of living and studying in Melbourne.
How to Choose the Right Victoria University Accommodation
From share houses to student apartments, there are many options to choose from when it comes to finding Victoria Uni accommodation. But which one is right for you? Weighing up your options carefully will help you find a place where you feel comfortable, safe, and included.
Things to Consider
• Location – Are you more interested in living close to uni, or would you rather be surrounded by Melbourne’s great cafés, museums and art galleries?
• Social opportunities – Meeting new people is one of the best parts of living in student accommodation, but it’s still important to make time for study.
• Budget – Rental costs in Melbourne can vary depending on the location of your accommodation.
Every type of VIC Uni student accommodation comes with pros and cons.
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
• Pros – Shared living costs, autonomy, community atmosphere
• Cons – Cramped living conditions, untidy common areas, lease management
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
• Pros – Close to classes and university facilities, built-in friends
• Cons – Overly regulated, lack of exposure to local culture
Pros and Cons of Homestay
• Pros – Company of host family, furnished accommodation
• Cons – Reduced involvement in uni social life, commuting costs, strict house rules
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
• Pros – Purpose-built facilities for students, inner city locations, utilities included in rent
• Cons – Small rooms, noise from other residents
Victoria University has several campuses located throughout Melbourne. Check out the university’s Housing & Accommodation page for more information on rental options for students.
Why Choose UniLodge for Victoria University Accommodation?
UniLodge apartments are specially designed to cater for the student lifestyle. All our properties are safe, secure and managed by a professional team of staff. We offer a combination of social opportunities and ideal conditions for studying so you can balance the fun side of uni with academic success.
Victoria University Apartments
UniLodge offers several types of accommodation for students attending Victoria University. The following options are on offer at our Footscray location, UniLodge at VU:
Perfect for students looking for affordable accommodation, the studio apartments are available in twin share, regular, queen, and accessible room sizes.
Available in regular and accessible room sizes, our 2-bedroom apartments include a modern kitchenette, king-single beds, storage space and a furnished lounge room.
Built to accommodate 6 people comfortably, the 6-bedroom apartments don’t feel like dorms. They’re luxuriously furnished with key card access to private bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, separate dining and lounge areas, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
Check the availability of our VU accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.