If you’ve been accepted into the University of Auckland (UOA), prepare yourself for the experience of a lifetime. As a uni student of UOA, you’ll be open to a world of opportunities – as well as receiving a stellar education. But university isn’t only about attending class and doing assignments. Making new friends and becoming part of the community is just as important for student life.
Where you end up living plays a vital role in ensuring you get the most out of your uni experience. We can help you decide which student accommodation option is best suited to you.
How to Choose the Right UOA Accommodation
There are several University of Auckland accommodation options to choose from. From homestays to share housing, on-campus rooms and off-campus student apartment, there’s something for every preference.
Factors to Consider
- Location – Auckland is a beautiful city, packed with things to do. To familiarise yourself with your surroundings, living off-campus is the way to go.
- Social life – It’s a good idea to find a place where there’s opportunity to meet people while still having your privacy.
- Budget – Where you want to live is limited by how much you can afford to pay for rent.
Here are some of the pros and cons to consider with the different accommodation option:
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
- Pros – Bills are shared, independence, live-in friends
- Cons – Less control over facilities, noisy get-togethers
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
- Pros – Social and educational opportunities, close to classes, rent includes room and board
- Cons – More rules, less freedom, not as many opportunities to explore Auckland
Pros and Cons of Homestay
- Pros – Supportive family environment, local advice about Auckland, improvement of language skills
- Cons – Limited social opportunities, less independence, distance from university
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
- Pros – Security, high standard of facilities, more opportunities to socialise
- Cons – Fewer local students, language barriers
Choosing the right housing option for you is a big decision. Take a look at AOU’s website for more information on living on campus. If you’ve decided on student apartments near Auckland University, keep reading to learn about UniLodge’s available accommodation.
Why Choose UniLodge for UOA Accommodation?
Choosing accommodation near Auckland University allows you the opportunity to truly experience the city and not just university. UniLodge has three student apartments located within walking distance to the campus, so you never have to worry about missing your bus or being late to class.
Each UniLodge building has been specifically designed for the student lifestyle. The fully furnished, self-contained apartments provide students with a safe space to call home, with full security access. Thanks to each property’s superb facilities and communal areas, socialising after classes is easy to do. By opting to live in the city near campus, you’ll be able to strike the perfect study/life balance.
UniLodge Accommodation near Auckland University
UniLodge has a variety of rooms available to suit every student’s needs. Our University of Auckland student accommodation includes:
- Studio Deluxe Apartment
- Studio Apartment
- 1-Bedroom Apartment
- 2-Bedroom Apartment
- Studio Apartment
- Single Rooms
Learn more about our student accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.