Student Accommodation FAQ

UniLodge Wodonga East End
Frequently Asked Questions

Have more questions about living at our East End units? Find out everything you need to know about our accommodation by checking out our most frequently asked questions. Whether you want to know more on moving, living costs, leases, or anything in between, these questions will cover all you’ll need to know before making your move. If you have a question still unanswered, you can contact us directly.

How do I reserve a room?

Complete an online application through our UniLodge Wodonga East End website. To accept this offer, you will be required to pay the current bond deposit as per the Rules of Residence. Need more information? You can contact our team to help out!

What kind of contracts does UniLodge Wodonga East End offer?

12 month leases are available for all currently studying students. 6 month leases are available for students that are studying for a single semester or concluding studies. If you are unsure with your study dates, you can contact our team for further information.

What does my rent include?

A fully furnished unit, all utilities are included, access to internet and WIFI, and use of our common room facilities.

Do you have car parking facilities?

Parking is available within on campus and residential parking spaces free of charge.

When do I pay my rent?

Rent is due every month in advance. Your first charge will be added at the beginning of your contract, and each following month it will be added on the 1st of each month, due five (5) business days from the date it was added. To pay rent, you can submit payment online through the StarRez Portal, or via Direct Debit.

How does my mail get to me?

Mail can be ordered using the below address and collected from our Wodonga office during open hours.

Name, Room Number, East End

133 McKoy Street, Wodonga VIC 3690

PO Box 821

What do I need to buy before I can move in?

You will need to provide your bedding linen and any basic crockery, such as plates, utensils and cooking items. UniLodge Wodonga East End provides appliances such as toasters, kettles and microwaves, as well as your bed frame and mattress within your bedroom.

How close is the nearest supermarket?

The closest supermarket is the Biralle Shopping Centre, Coles. You can reach this by the West Wodonga bus line that will take you into the main heart of West Wodonga.

If I really want to move apartments/rooms after I move in – is that possible?

If you wish to move to another residence, you can submit a Room Transfer Request form available from the StarRez Portal. Note that these transfer requests are subject to availability and require an $85.00 fee for cleaning and administration costs once approved.

Can I move out at any time?

When considering the premature termination of your Residential Tenancy Agreement, the following payments are required prior to vacating, as outlined by the Rules of Residence:

•A cancellation fee of 28 days rent.

•Loss of bond.

•All outstanding debts and fees.

Is there extra storage outside my apartment?

Beds are designed a little higher so you can put luggage under them, however there is no additional storage outside of your room, if you have items that you wish to store you will need to contact a local storage service provider.

How do I connect the internet/phone?

There is no phone in the room. For Internet access, each residence will have its own router that you will be provided details to connect with upon check-in.

Is wireless internet available?

Yes, we have WIFI at this property and wireless internet through the building.

What is a Bond?

A bond is a payment that acts as security against the resident meeting the terms of their rental agreement and Rules of Residence. The bond is accepted online during the offer acceptance process. This deposit is held until the end of the resident’s lease. Following final inspection, the bond is:

  • refunded entirely to the tenant/resident, or 
  • claimed in part or in full by the landlord/owner. 

How much is the Bond?

The bond is $1000.00 deposit.

What is a Condition Report?

Upon arrival we must prepare a ‘Condition Report’, which records the property’s general condition, including fittings and fixtures, and present you with 2 copies of this Report when you come to collect your keys.

Review and, if necessary, add your comments to the ‘Condition Report’. You must return the report to UniLodge within three business days of moving in and you should keep a copy of the ‘Condition Report’ until the end of the tenancy.

The ‘Condition Report’ is a very important document, as it can be used as evidence if there is a dispute about who should pay for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items, particularly at the end of a tenancy.

You may want to take photos of your apartment at the start of your tenancy to further show the condition.

The owner may claim some or the entire bond for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items at the end of your tenancy. If the ‘Condition Report’ stated that the work was required at the start of the tenancy, or the items were not listed, it can help you prove the bond should be returned to you.

Check out this handy guide - Resident guide condition reports

I am vacating, can I use the Bond for my last month’s rent?

Your bond and rent are separate payments. You are required to pay rent in the specified way up to and including the date of your departure.

What happens when I vacate?

You need to leave your apartment clean and tidy in the same condition as when you arrived, ensure all personal items have been removed and report any damage that may have been caused during your tenancy. This allows for a speedy bond resolution. Finally you will need to complete a Web Departure Form on the StarRez Portal and nominate the bank account you would like your bond deposit refunded back into.

How do I receive my Bond back?

Once the resident has vacated and completed a Web Departure Form, Victoria Regional Student Accommodation will conduct a final inspection of the residence for any damage incurred or cleaning that may be required. Any of these charges will be deducted from the resident’s bond, and the remaining amount refunded back to the nominated bank account.

Why are you claiming my Bond?

The owner (via UniLodge Wodonga East End), can try to recover all or part of the bond at the end of a tenancy if:

The tenant or resident:

  • or their visitors have damaged the property
  • has left and owes rent (rent in arrears)
  • has abandoned the premises 
  • has left you to pay bills they should have paid 
  • there are cleaning or repair expenses that exceed normal ‘wear and tear’
  • items that were part of the tenancy agreement are missing.

Further Resident Information

The Resident Handbook is designed to help you to get to know the building and familiarise yourself with your rights and responsibilities as a resident. We hope that this Handbook will prove useful to you in answering any questions you have, and in assisting you with the most common concerns that you may have.