As a global university of technology, design and enterprise, RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) University is a place where innovative thinkers and creative minds shine. Located in the thriving city of Melbourne, RMIT is somewhere you can fully immerse yourself in the university life while also exploring an exciting new place.
Finding the perfect student accommodation for the duration of your time at RMIT will help make the experience more enjoyable.
How to Choose the Right RMIT Accommodation
It’s important to think about the kind of university experience you want when deciding on accommodation. You also need to think about what’s most important to you: Do you want to be able to walk to class? Have your own space? Each RMIT student housing option brings something different.
Factors to Consider
• Location – Living on-campus offers convenience, but you’ll be able to explore Melbourne much easier by living in the city.
• Social life – Are you more suited to having your own quiet space or do you prefer to be in the thick of the excitement?
• Budget – Studying doesn’t leave much time for work. Consider the amount of money you’re able to put towards rent each month.
Don’t forget to consider the pros and cons of the different accommodations:
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
• Pros – Rent is split, fun living with other people, independence
• Cons – Differing household expectations, lack of organisation
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
• Pros – Social and educational opportunities, close to classes, utilities included with rent
• Cons – Less freedom day-to-day, not as much chance to explore Melbourne
Pros and Cons of Homestay
• Pros – Supportive family environment, experience new culture, home-cooked meals
• Cons – Limited social opportunities, potential rules to follow, distance from university
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
• Pros – Safe, great facilities, opportunities to meet new people
• Cons – Less chances to meet local students, language barriers.
You can learn more about some of the accommodation options on RMIT’s website. Love the idea of living in student apartments but not sure where to start? Keep reading to learn more about UniLodge’s RMIT Bundoora accommodation.
Why Choose UniLodge for RMIT Accommodation?
Students studying at RMIT’s Bundoora campus will enjoy great convenience with UniLodge’s RMIT Bundoora accommodation. Located on-campus, it’s easy for students to balance studies with their social life.
Our brand-new complex provides students with complete security, with CCCTV monitoring and electronic key cards required to access all areas. Each self-contained apartment comes equipped with everything a student might need, as well as excellent common areas (did we mention there’s a cinema room?) to enjoy when not studying. UniLodge’s RMIT university accommodation provides more opportunities to make friends while keeping your own space.
UniLodge Student Accommodation near Melbourne RMIT
RMIT students can choose the room that best suits them:
- UniLodge on Campus offers fully self contained apartments in a convenient location in the RMIT campus precinct. Stroll to your lectures, lunch in Lygon St, keep fit at the historic City Baths Gym (100 metres from UniLodge on Campus) or get a great meal at one of the many local restaurants surrounding your Apartment.
- UniLodge D2 offers studio and 2 bedroom apartments smack bang in the RMIT campus precinct, close to the State Library, five minutes to the University of Melbourne and a short distance to city shopping and Lygon Street. Keep fit at the historic City Baths Gym (only 100 metres away) and enjoy taking in the sunset with friends on your balcony.
- UniLodge on Swanston is opposite the RMIT campus and the State Library and backs on to the Melbourne Central Shopping Centre and houses 110 fully furnished apartments in studio or 1-2 or 3 bedroom configurations.
- UniLodge on A'Beckett is in a quiet central city location so a short walk to RMIT, The University of Melbourne, Taylors College, Melbourne Central Station, sporting venues, galleries, libraries, cinemas, shopping centres, restaurants and cafés. UniLodge on A’Beckett is an approved accommodation provider by Trinity College for under 18 students
- UniLodge on Cobden is close to the iconic Queen Victoria Market which hosts a huge range of fresh food to fuel any study session as well as The University of Melbourne, RMIT and tram stops to take you into the centre of Melbourne.
- UniLodge on Flinders is located on one of Melbourne’s most famous city streets that flows parallel to the beautiful Yarra River. The Flinders Street Railway Station is literally across the road, with RMIT, University of Melbourne, Victoria University and Taylors College an easy walk away. Apply online here.
- UniLodge on Lonsdale offers modern studio and two bedroom apartment located close to the heritage-listed Carlton Gardens, Treasury Gardens and Fitzroy Gardens. The cosmopolitan heart of Melbourne is also a short ride away.
- UniLodge on Raleigh is in Windsor and offers studio and one bedroom apartments only 10-minutes walk to the Prahran Campus of Melbourne Polytechnic and to Chapel Street, Melbourne’s most famous shopping precinct. You’re also located only 1km from St Kilda, a bayside suburb with beaches, restaurants and plenty of live music venues.
UniLodge Student Accommodation near RMIT Bundoora
• Studio Apartment
• 3-Bedroom Apartment
• 4-Bedroom Apartment
Enquire about our RMIT accommodation today by contacting UniLodge.
Go back to the University Housing Index.