As the capital of Australia’s Sunshine State, Brisbane is an exciting city to study in. Whether it’s hiking up Mt Coot-tha, enjoying a beverage at a bar by the river or taking a dip in the man-made beach at South Bank, there are plenty of ways to spend your free time outside of university.
For future QUT students, finding suitable student accommodation should be a top priority to check off.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Brisbane area, it can be particularly daunting choosing where to live. Luckily, there’s a range of QUT student accommodation at Kelvin Grove to choose from, so you can find the one that best fits your preferences.
• Location – Kelvin Grove campus is located in the heart of Brisbane, right near the CBD. Staying near campus means it’s an easy commute to class but you’ll also get a great taste of Brisbane life.
• Social life – Where you live will have influence over how much you can socialise.
• Budget – Rent in Brisbane is cheaper than Melbourne or Sydney, but you still might need to stick to a tight budget.
When choosing your type of accommodation, take into account the pros and cons:
• Pros – Shared bills, shared utilities, independence
• Cons – Messy housemates, less privacy
• Pros – Built-in community, close to classes, utilities included with rent
• Cons – Distractions from study, living in school bubble
• Pros – Save money, connect with the culture, familiarise self with local language
• Cons – Required to eat what your host family makes, less interaction with other students
• Pros – Independence, first-rate common areas, easy to make friends
• Cons – Cleaning/cooking is on you, noise from other residents
For additional information on all your accommodation options, head to the QUT housing page. You’ll also find here a list of the residential colleges for QUT on-campus accommodation. If living in a student apartment sounds like it best suits you, keep reading to find out more about UniLodge.
UniLodge is a superb housing choice for both international and domestic students. Offering convenience, security and state-of-the-art facilities, students have everything they need to make the best of their uni experience.
We have QUT Kelvin Grove accommodation located in the heart of the Urban Village precinct – right next to campus. We also have several student apartments under 5km away from Kelvin Grove (and just a short public transport ride) if you want to live in a different area of Brisbane.
You’ll love the freedom you have in a UniLodge apartment, not to mention it provides the perfect balance between having your own space and socialising with new friends.
Find a location and room that best suits your circumstances:
• Studio Apartment
• Loft Apartment
• Studio Single
• Studio Double
• Studio Corner Deluxe
• Corner Twin
• 1-Bedroom Apartment
• Studio Twin Share
• Studio Apartment
• 6-Bedroom Multishare Apartment
• 2-Bedroom Apartment
• Studio Apartment Large
Interested in our accommodation? Contact UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.