As the capital of Australia’s Sunshine State, Brisbane is an exciting city to study in. Whether it’s hiking up Mt Coot-tha, enjoying a beverage at a bar by the river or taking a dip in the man-made beach at South Bank, there are plenty of ways to spend your free time outside of university.
For future QUT students, finding suitable student accommodation should be a top priority to check off.
How to Choose the Right Kelvin Grove Student Accommodation
If you’re unfamiliar with the Brisbane area, it can be particularly daunting choosing where to live. Luckily, there’s a range of QUT Kelvin Grove student accommodation to choose from, so you can find the one that best fits your preferences.
Factors to Consider
• Location – Kelvin Grove campus is located in the heart of Brisbane, right near the CBD. Staying near campus means it’s an easy commute to class but you’ll also get a great taste of Brisbane life.
• Social life – Where you live will have influence over how much you can socialise.
• Budget – Rent in Brisbane is cheaper than Melbourne or Sydney, but you still might need to stick to a tight budget.
When choosing your type of accommodation, take into account the pros and cons:
Pros and Cons of Share housing
• Pros – Shared bills, shared utilities, independence
• Cons – Messy housemates, less privacy
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
• Pros – Built-in community, close to classes, utilities included with rent
• Cons – Distractions from study, living in school bubble
Pros and Cons of Homestay
• Pros – Save money, connect with the culture, familiarise self with local language
• Cons – Required to eat what your host family makes, less interaction with other students
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
• Pros – Independence, first-rate common areas, easy to make friends
• Cons – Cleaning/cooking is on you, noise from other residents
For additional information on all your accommodation options, head to the QUT housing page. You’ll also find here a list of the residential colleges for QUT on-campus accommodation. If living in a student apartment sounds like it best suits you, keep reading to find out more about UniLodge.
Why Choose UniLodge for Kelvin Grove Student Accommodation?
UniLodge is a superb housing choice for both international and domestic students. Offering convenience, security and state-of-the-art facilities, students have everything they need to make the best of their uni experience.
We have QUT Kelvin Grove accommodation located in the heart of the Urban Village precinct – right next to campus. We also have several student apartments under 5km away from Kelvin Grove (and just a short public transport ride) if you want to live in a different area of Brisbane.
You’ll love the freedom you have in a UniLodge apartment, not to mention it provides the perfect balance between having your own space and socialising with new friends.
UniLodge Accommodation near QUT Kelvin Grove
Find a location and room that best suits your circumstances:
• Studio Apartment
• Loft Apartment
• Studio Single
• Studio Double
• Studio Corner Deluxe
• Corner Twin
• 1-Bedroom Apartment
• Studio Twin Share
• Studio Apartment
• 6-Bedroom Multishare Apartment
• 2-Bedroom Apartment
• Studio Apartment Large
Interested in our accommodation? Contact UniLodge today.