Enjoy Brisbane’s sunny weather and exciting student culture by finding a place to call home near QUT. Whether you want to share with friends or embrace the freedom of living by yourself, there’s accommodation to suit every student in Brisbane.
How to Choose the Right QUT Accommodation
Choosing the right student accommodation will help you have fun at university. Instead of moving into the first place you find that’s available, weigh up your options carefully.
Things to Consider
- Location – Do you think you’d be suited to living in Brisbane city, or would you rather live away from the busy CBD?
- Social opportunities – Are you more interested in meeting new people or focusing on your studies?
- Budget – Stretching your student budget as far as possible will be a lot easier if you find somewhere affordable to rent.
From share houses to studio apartments, there are several options available to students looking for QUT Gardens Point accommodation. Each type of housing comes with pros and cons.
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
- Pros – Cheap rent, shared bills, autonomy
- Cons – Mess, noise, overcrowding
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
- Pros – Social events, academic support, close to classes
- Cons – Lack of independence, noise, reduced privacy
Pros and Cons of Homestay
- Pros – Support from host family, quiet living conditions, exposure to local culture
- Cons – Isolation from classmates, increased travel time to university
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
- Pros – Secure rooms, modern facilities, privacy
- Cons – High-density living conditions, less contact with domestic students
Asking your university for advice is one of the easiest ways to find accommodation near QUT Gardens Point. QUT’s Accommodation page is a great place to start.
Why Choose UniLodge for QUT Accommodation?
UniLodge apartments provide students with a safe and sociable home away from home. We know moving into student accommodation is a big step, especially if you’re relocating countries. Our accommodation isn’t just modern and comfortable – it also offers the ultimate cure for homesickness by creating a welcoming community for residents.
The following apartment blocks are ideally located for students attending QUT Gardens Point:
- UniLodge Park Central – Studio, studio premium, 4-bedroom, 5-bedroom and 6-bedroom apartments. Short-term and group bookings are also available.
- UniLodge South Bank – Studio twin share, large studio, studio, 6-bedroom multi-share, 2-bedroom apartments.
- UniLodge on Margaret – Studio single, studio double, studio corner deluxe, corner twin and 1-bedroom apartments.
- UniLodge School Street Studios – Loft and studio apartments.
- UniLodge @ Shafston – Standard studio and standard studio with balcony apartments; short-term bookings are also available.
Find out more about QUT accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.