As one of New Zealand’s oldest and most respected tertiary institutions, the Victoria University of Wellington (VUW) is an excellent place to receive your higher education. And with its enviable location in the gorgeous capital of New Zealand, you’ll also want to spend every non-studying minute exploring the city.
To make the most of your time at VUW, choosing the right accommodation is essential.
Finding your accommodation is one of the first things you’ll have to organise once you’ve enrolled at VUW. It can be a daunting process, especially as there are so many options to choose from. It’s important to take into account your personal preference, as well as the type of uni experience you’re hoping to have.
• Location – You won’t want to have a big commute every time you have class, so living near campus is ideal.
• Social life – Is socialising and making new friends a top priority or do you prefer peace and quiet?
• Budget – Regardless of where you choose to live, you’ll need to make sure you can always pay the rent.
Consider the main pros and cons of Victoria University of Wellington housing:
• Pros – Split rent, shared chores, freedom
• Cons – Messy housemates, noisy gatherings
• Pros – Built-in community, close to classes, know what’s happening around campus
• Cons – Too many distractions, less chances to explore Wellington
• Pros – Supportive family environment, meals included, improved language skills
• Cons – Less interaction with other students, further away from campus
• Pros – Independence, excellent facilities, social opportunities
• Cons – Language barriers, fewer chances to meet local students
You can further explore your living options at Victoria University of Wellington’s housing page. For those looking to find more information on student apartments, keep reading to learn about UniLodge’s VUW accommodation.
Whether you’re an international or domestic student, UniLodge helps you embrace all the very best aspects of student life. Our Victoria University of Wellington housing was purpose-built for students, so you know it’ll come equipped with everything you need.
Situated right in the centre of the city, our VUW accommodation makes it easy to get around and explore Wellington. You’re just a 5-minute walk away from one campus, while a very short bus ride will take you to the main campus.
We have several room options to suit a variety of preferences:
• 2-Bedroom Apartment
• 3-Bedroom Apartment
Enquire about our accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.