Attending UNSW is an incredible opportunity to embrace Sydney’s exciting student culture. At UniLodge, we believe your time at university shouldn’t only be about getting good grades and earning a degree. Feeling a part of a community and making new friends is just as important as your GPA.
To make the most of your time at UNSW, we can help you find the perfect place to call home while you study.
How to Choose the Right UNSW Accommodation
From share houses and homes stays, from campus accommodation to student apartments, there are several options available to students looking for accommodation near UNSW.
Factors to Consider
- Location – If you want to get to know Sydney, living off-campus will makes it easier to familiarise yourself with the city.
- Social life – It’s important to find a place where you can make new friends during your time at UNSW while still enjoying privacy and independence.
- Budget – Rents can be quite high in Sydney, so the amount of money you’re willing to spend on accommodation will be an important consideration.
These are some of the pros and cons that come with different types of student accommodation:
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
- Pros – Shared bills, independence, built-in friends
- Cons – Lack of control over facilities, loud social gatherings
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
- Pros – Social and educational opportunities, close to classes, rent includes room and board
- Cons – Rigid rules, limited privacy, reduced opportunities to explore Sydney
Pros and Cons of Homestay
- Pros – Supportive family environment, local advice about Sydney, improvement of language skills
- Cons – Limited social opportunities, distance from university
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
- Pros – Security, high standard of facilities, social opportunities
- Cons – Lack of local students, language barriers
Not sure where to start when it comes to finding a place to live in Sydney? UNSW has an Accommodation & Housing page with advice on local accommodation. If you’ve decided to live in a student apartment, keep reading to learn more about UniLodge’s UNSW housing.
Why Choose UniLodge for UNSW Accommodation?
UniLodge’s UNSW accommodation offers all the best aspects of student living. Built around a vibrant community in the heart of Sydney, it’s the ultimate home away from home. Whether you’re an international student or studying domestically, our UNSW apartments are suitable for all students.
Leaving your home behind to attend university can be daunting, but finding somewhere that feels safe will help you get settled sooner. UniLodge’s UNSW accommodation offers the highest standard of security so you always feel safe.
Just a 10-minute walk from the campus, you’ll be close to campus with the added benefit of living outside the bubble of university. This means you’ll have the chance to become a real Sydneysider.
UniLodge offers a wide range of rooms to suit the needs of students. The following accommodation options are on offer at our UNSW apartments:
Available in Standard, Standard Medium, Standard Large and Deluxe, these private ensuite apartments are fully furnished and include a kitchenette.
The 2-bedroom apartment includes a shared bathroom, a kitchenette with ample cupboard space, a fridge, and a dining table. There’s also a spacious lounge area and individual bedrooms with king-size single beds.
Our multishare student apartments are designed to accommodate 3-5 people. They include a shared bathroom (2 people per bathroom), a kitchenette, a spacious lounge area and a balcony.
Learn more about our UNSW student accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.