Got questions about living at UniLodge Darwin? Find out everything you need to know about our student accommodation by checking out our most frequently asked questions. Whether you’re unsure about moving logistics, living costs, leases, or another aspect about of living in UniLodge student apartments, these questions include all the essential information you’ll need before moving in. If you have a question that you don't see answered, check in our blog or feel free to contact us directly.

Does this property have an Application fee?

No. Sorry, the RTA does not permit charging tenants a fee for processing an application

Is an advanced payment required?

Yes. To secure an apartment, the Tenant must pay a Security Deposit equivalent to 4 weeks rent. Prices vary depending on the room type.

Is there a cancellation fee once I have secured an apartment?

Yes cancellations with less than 2 weeks’ notice will incur a cancellation fee equal to 2 weeks rent.

Are car parking spaces available?

Car parking is available but spaces are limited. Bicycles are parked in a secure bike store room with camera surveillance.

Do I need to pay a departure clean fee?

Yes - The departure clean fee is $150 per room.

If I wanted to break my lease, what are the costs associated with this?

  • A signed contract is a legal commitment and not to be taken lightly. Therefore, there are serious penalties if you choose to end your lease early.  
  • For starters, your responsibility to pay rent continues until the rental contract ends or a new renter is found. Penalties also include advertising costs, and lease break fees.
  • The decision to lease break could also prove damaging to your credit rating and rental record.

What utility costs am I responsible for?

Utility charges are included in your rent.

Who is the internet provider and how much do I have?

Unlimited internet is included in weekly rent for lease agreements that are 6 months or longer.

The internet provider is Vostronet.

Do I need a mattress protector?

A FREE mattress protector is provided for you at commencement.

Do I need to organise my own Contents Insurance?

Yes, you will need to select an insurance provider that best suits your needs. This is not included in your rent.

Where can I find resources to manage my health and wellbeing?

UniLodge has listed a number of resources on our Student Health and Wellbeing page.

Further Resident Information

The Resident Handbook is designed to help you to get to know the building and familiarise yourself with your rights and responsibilities as a resident. We hope that this Handbook will prove useful to you in answering any questions you have, and in assisting you with the most common concerns that you may have.