Student Accommodation FAQ

UniLodge SCU Coffs Harbour
Frequently Asked Questions

Got questions about living at UniLodge SCU Coffs Harbour? Find out everything you need to know about our student accommodation by checking out our most frequently asked questions. Whether you’re unsure about moving logistics, living costs, leases, or another aspect about of living in UniLodge student apartments, these questions include all the essential information you’ll need before moving in. If you have a question that you don't see answered, feel free to contact us directly.

How do I reserve a room?

Complete the online application.  Once we have received your application, we will send you a rental offer. To accept this offer you will be required to pay some advanced rent and for any additional service options that you choose. A bond or security deposit will also be required. 

What kind of contracts does UniLodge SCU Coffs offer?

We offer 6 and 12 month leases, however from time to time we are able to offer shorter lease periods.

What does my rent include?

A fully furnished room, all utilities are included, access to unlimited internet and wifi, use of our common facilities and ability to participate in our CSP program.

Do you have car parking facilities?

Yes there is onsite parking provided.

When do I pay my rent?

Rent is due every month in advance. To pay rent you complete a direct debit form with UniLodge and each month rent is deducted from your account

How does my mail get to me?

We have letterboxes behind the reception desk and accept letters and parcels on your behalf.  Reception will contact you when we have a parcel for you to pick up, otherwise feel free to call passed reception and check your letterbox for any mail for you during office hours. Please note there is a restriction on the type and size of parcels we can accept.

What do I need to buy before I can move in?

We offer Bedding & kitchenware packs for purchase at Your Shop

How close is the nearest supermarket?

The closest supermarket is 5km away at 7 Park Ave, Coffs Harbour NSW.

If I really want to move apartments/rooms after I move in – is that possible?

Whilst you have signed a Residential Tenancy Agreement on the particular apartment you are living in please contact us and we will see if this is an option available to move.

Can I move out at any time?

When considering the premature termination of your Residential Tenancy Agreement, it is your responsibility to:

  • Continue to pay all rent charges until a new resident can be secured or the Residential Tenancy Agreement ends, whichever comes first.
  • Pay all associated costs including applicable advertising and break lease fees as set out in your Residential Tenancy Agreement.
  • In all cases, a departure cleaning fee applies.

Is wireless internet available?

Yes we have unlimited WIFI at this property and wireless internet through the building

What is a Condition Report?

Upon arrival we must prepare a ‘Condition Report’, which records the property’s general condition, including fittings and fixtures, and present you with 2 copies of this Report when you come to collect your keys.

Review and, if necessary, add your comments to the ‘Condition Report’. You must return the report to UniLodge within three business days of moving in and you should keep a copy of the ‘Condition Report’ until the end of the tenancy.

The ‘Condition Report’ is a very important document, as it can be used as evidence if there is a dispute about who should pay for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items, particularly at the end of a tenancy.

You may want to take photos of your apartment at the start of your tenancy to further show the condition.

The owner may claim some or the entire bond for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items at the end of your tenancy. If the ‘Condition Report’ stated that the work was required at the start of the tenancy, or the items were not listed, it can help you prove the bond should be returned to you.

Check out this handy guide - Resident guide condition reports

What happens when I vacate?

You need to leave your apartment clean and tidy in the same condition as when you arrived, ensure all personal items have been removed and report any damage that may have been caused during your tenancy. This allows for a speedy bond resolution. UniLodge offer a prepaid service for departure cleaning to assist residents.

Why are you claiming my Bond?

The owner (via UniLodge), can try to recover all or part of the bond at the end of a tenancy if:

the tenant or resident:

    • or their visitors have damaged the property
    • has left and owes rent (rent in arrears)
    • has abandoned the premises 
    • has left you to pay bills they should have paid 
  • there are cleaning or repair expenses that exceed normal ‘wear and tear’
  • items that were part of the tenancy agreement are missing.

Further Resident Information

The Resident Handbook is designed to help you to get to know the building and familiarise yourself with your rights and responsibilities as a resident. We hope that this Handbook will prove useful to you in answering any questions you have, and in assisting you with the most common concerns that you may have.