Together with world-class universities and beautiful weather, Brisbane is renowned for its friendly student culture. The cost of living in Queensland’s capital is relatively low compared to other Australian cities, offering students a choice of affordable accommodation. Live like a Brisbane local by finding a place to call home near Griffith University.
UniLodge has two purpose built student accommodation properties close to Griffith University Nathan campus. They are in great locations such as South Bank and Wooloongabba and a great places to build-relationships, make life-long friends and get to know the student community. UniLodge South Bank has an amazing rooftop terrace with BBQs and views over Brisbane and surrounds and UniLodge Park Central, being on both the bus and train main lines, has some of the best public transport. Both have great communal facilities such as study rooms, innovation hubs, gyms, games rooms, cinema and much more to make a stay super comfortable.
Both of these properties have modern studio and shared accommodation with a choice of communal facilities or private ensuite. This makes moving from private to shared accommodation so much easier as you don't need to move proeprties.
How to Choose the Right Griffith Accommodation
Living in student accommodation gives you a great opportunity to gain independence. If you’re nervous about leaving your familiar lifestyle behind, finding a place where you feel comfortable and part of a community will make moving out of home less daunting. Prioritising your personal needs when looking for Griffith student accommodation will ensure you make the right choice.
• Location – Griffith has several campuses located in Brisbane. Each campus is surrounded by student housing.
• Social opportunities – Getting involved in Brisbane’s student scene is a great way to make new friends, but it’s still important to balance your studies with socialising.
• Budget – Even though Brisbane is slightly more affordable than other major cities, the cost of rent is still an important consideration.
Undecided about where to live? These are the pros and cons associated with the most popular types of Griffith student accommodation.
• Pros – Budget-friendly rent, autonomous living, social opportunities
• Cons – Messy and disruptive housemates
• Pros – Academic and social opportunities, walking distance to class
• Cons – Lack of independence and privacy, separated from local culture
• Pros – Exposure to Australian culture, homely living conditions
• Cons – Reduced contact with other students, strict rules
• Pros – Comfortable living conditions, advanced security features, built-in community of students
• Cons – Commuting costs, social events may cause distractions
Looking for local advice on Griffith University student accommodation? Check out the Accommodation page on the Griffith University website for more information on places to stay in Brisbane. For those in search of student apartments, learn more about the options available with UniLodge below.
The UniLodge experience offers the best of both worlds by letting our residents enjoy privacy and independence among an active community of students. There are several room sizes on offer at our Griffith University accommodation, including single, double, multi-bedroom and studio options.
Whether you plan to study in Brisbane for a single semester or your entire degree, choosing UniLodge is a great way to immerse yourself in the city’s student culture.
We have student accommodation near Griffith University’s South Bank campus, as well as several housing options close to public transport for students attending the Mount Gravatt or Nathan campuses. These locations include:
• UniLodge Park Central – Studio, studio premium, 4-bedroom, 5-bedroom and 6-bedroom apartments (short-term and group bookings also available)
• UniLodge South Bank – Studio twin share, large studio, studio, 6-bedroom multi-share, 2-bedroom apartments
• UniLodge @Shafston – Standard studio and standard studio with balcony apartments; short-term bookings also available
Enquire about our Griffith University accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.