Surrounded by lush nature and buzzing with vivacity, Wellington is a city like no other. If you’re looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, choosing to study in New Zealand’s capital city will open you up to a whole new avenue of social and educational opportunities.
To make sure you don’t miss out on the best parts of your university experience, lock in accommodation that will complement your student way of life.
How to Choose the Right Wellington Accommodation
When deciding where you want to live during your time at uni, it’s important to consider your circumstances as well as your personal preferences. There are plenty of student accommodation options to choose from in Wellington, so you’re sure to find a perfect fit.
Factors to Consider
- Location – If you want to get out and explore Wellington, living off-campus might make it easier.
- Social life – University is a time to meet new people, but you’ll need to find a balance between socialising and studying.
- Budget – You’ll have more money for weekly spending if you find a place with affordable rent.
To make an informed decision, you need to know the pros and cons of student accommodation in Wellington:
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
- Pros – Cheap rent, very social setting, shared chores
- Cons – Less control over facilities, lack of privacy
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
- Pros – Meet new people, close to classes, be in the know for campus events
- Cons – Too many distractions, fewer chances to explore Wellington
Pros and Cons of Homestay
- Pros – Home away from home, meals included, cultural immersion
- Cons – Less interaction with other students, rules to follow
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
- Pros – Independence, excellent facilities, easy to meet like-minded people
- Cons – Language barriers, noisy neighbours
Unsure of where to start? Many of the universities in Wellington provide support for international students who need help making accommodation arrangements. If you’ve decided a student apartment sounds like the right fit for you, keep reading to find out about UniLodge’s student accommodation in Wellington.
Why Choose UniLodge for Student Accommodation in Wellington?
Your uni experience shouldn’t just be about getting good grades and handing in assignment papers on time. UniLodge offers student housing that’s secure, convenient and provides plenty of social opportunities.
Our student accommodation in Wellington is situated in the centre of the city, so you’ll be in prime position to sightsee and explore on your days off. It’s just a short commute from several university campuses too. Your apartment comes with everything you need, including a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and small common area, perfect for hanging out with friends.
Whether you’re an international or domestic student, UniLodge apartments will complement your studies and social life perfectly.
UniLodge Student Accommodation
Choose the apartment that best suits your needs:
- 2-Bedroom Apartment
- 3-Bedroom Apartment
To enquire about our student accommodation in Wellington, contact UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.