There are many reasons to be excited about attending university in Adelaide. With the city, vineyards and sea all within close reach, you can experience the best Australia has to offer at your doorstep.
It’s no surprise so many students choose to enrol at the University of Adelaide. But don’t be fooled by its laidback lifestyle – there are also heaps of fun things to do. Finding accommodation to complement your uni experience is the first step.
Your accommodation sets the tone for your life at uni. You may prefer to find somewhere where you have your own space, or maybe you’d like to surround yourself with plenty of opportunities to socialise. Where you end up depends on your preferences and budget.
• Location – Close proximity to your university will ensure an easy commute.
• Social life – Socialising is a big part of student life, so if that’s important to you, your housing choice should reflect this.
• Budget – Adelaide is one of Australia’s most affordable cities, making rent cheaper than it would be in other places.
These are the main pros and cons with Adelaide uni student accommodation options:
• Pros – Shared costs, shared cleaning, more chances to socialise
• Cons – Patience will be tested, less privacy
• Pros – Social and educational opportunities, no commute to classes, utilities included with rent
• Cons – Less space, isolation from society outside university
• Pros – Home away from home, cultural immersion, meals included
• Cons – More dependence, rules, isolation from other students
• Pros – Secure grounds, purpose-built student facilities, independence
• Cons – Fewer chances to meet local students, noise from other residents
You can find out more about on-campus living on the University of Adelaide’s housing page. Interested in student apartments but want to know more? Read on to learn about UniLodge’s University of Adelaide student accommodation.
It’s easy to find good university accommodation in Adelaide with UniLodge. We have 13 student apartment buildings within walking distance or just a very short public transport trip away from the University of Adelaide. Getting to class every day will take no planning, so you have more time to sleep in.
Each student apartment is completely secure so you feel safe at all times. Built for students, you’ll find the facilities accommodate everything you need. And with just a short trip into the CBD, it’s easy to stay on top of your studies while exploring the best Adelaide has to offer.
There’s a range of rooms to choose from at the following UniLodge properties:
• UniLodge City Gardens (opening Semester 2, 2019) – Studio, studio premium, 2-bedroom and 6-bedroom apartments
• UniLodge @ Metro Adelaide – 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 2-bedroom deluxe apartments
• UniLodge on Waymouth – Single studio, double studio and twin studio apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – City West – 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – East West – 1-bedroom and 3-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – Edge Apartments – 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – Kent Town – Studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – Magill Campus – 2-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – Magill Hartley – 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – Thomas House – 1-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – Tobin House – 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, 4-bedroom and 5-bedroom apartments
• Student Living by UniLodge – Tower Apartments – 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments
Find out more about our student accommodation today by contacting UniLodge.
Go back to the University Housing Index.