Heading off to university marks the start of a great new chapter. As one of the most liveable cities in the world, Melbourne is a superb place to do your studies.
If you’ve enrolled at Swinburne University of Technology, it’s safe to say your education is in good hands. But uni isn’t just about making good grades. The right accommodation will make sure you don’t miss out on any part of the student experience.
When it comes to deciding on where to live for the next three or four (or more) years, it might be difficult knowing where to start. There are plenty of options available, but which one is right for you? In the end it comes down to what aspects of Swinburne student accommodation matter most to you.
• Location – It’s no secret Melbourne’s a treasure trove of culture, arts and food. Your location should make the most of everything the city has to offer.
• Social life – Everyone requires different amounts of socialising. Striking your perfect balance between that and privacy is key.
• Budget – Melbourne is certainly a cool place to live but rent can get expensive. Be sure to find somewhere you can afford long term.
There are pros and cons with every student accommodation option:
• Pros – Cheap rent, shared cleaning duties, live-in friends
• Cons – Lack of control over shared facilities, less privacy
• Pros – Social and educational opportunities, close to classes, utilities included with rent
• Cons – Rigid rules, less privacy
• Pros – Cost-effective, home away from home, cultural immersion
• Cons – Being dependent, fewer chances to meet other students
• Pros – Live independently, self-contained residential areas, social opportunities
• Cons – Fewer chances to meet local students, pay for meals/groceries
Wherever you decide to live will shape your uni experience. To explore your options more thoroughly, head to the Swinburne on-campus and off-campus accommodation page. Want to learn more about life in a student apartment? Keep reading for more information on UniLodge’s Swinburne student accommodation.
The student life is super sweet with UniLodge. We have two student apartments located right near the Swinburne University of Technology campus for complete convenience when getting to class. Our Swinburne University accommodation sets you up in a prime Melbourne location, with the Glenferrie Road shopping precinct nearby – as well as plenty of public transport options to get you around the city.
As students, safety is a priority for all. Our properties both include high-level security features, so everyone feels safe in their own home. Each apartment is fully furnished, and the common areas provide plenty of opportunities to hang out with fellow residents.
Choose from our range of room options:
• Studio Apartment
• Studio Apartment
• 2-Bedroom Apartment
To enquire about our Swinburne accommodation, contact UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.