If you’re lucky enough to be studying up in Queensland’s tropical north, you’re in for a treat of outdoor adventure. With rainforests and reefs making up your surrounds, you won’t want to waste a moment of your time here.
Enrolled at James Cool University (JCU)? Where you decide to live while attending uni plays an important role in making it a memorable experience.
How to Choose the Right JCU Accommodation
There’s no one-size-fits-all with student housing. There are several options available and none of them are wrong – there’s only the right one for you. Choosing your JCU student accommodation will come down to your personal preferences.
Factors to Consider
• Location – You won’t want to miss your chance to explore some of North Queensland's greatest natural beauties. Your location should make it easy to get out and sightsee.
• Social life – Your living situation will have great influence on your socialising opportunities.
• Budget – Make sure you’ve drawn up a budget to stick to, including an amount to spend on rent.
It’s best to be aware of the pros and cons of your student accommodation options:
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
• Pros – Split bills, shared cleaning, shared facilities
• Cons – Messy housemates, noisy gatherings
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
• Pros – Social and educational opportunities, no commute to classes, utilities included with rent
• Cons – Less privacy, not at much chance to explore Cairns
Pros and Cons of Homestay
• Pros – Cost-effective, supportive family environment, meals included
• Cons – Rules to follow, isolation from other students
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
• Pros – Strong safety measures, great student facilities, social opportunities
• Cons – Fewer chances to meet local students, pay for meals/groceries
It’s tricky navigating between all the different housing options and trying to decide what will work best for you. You can visit the James Cook University accommodation page for more information – including JCU off-campus accommodation options. Alternatively, if you’re interested in student apartments, keep reading to find out more about UniLodge.
Why Choose UniLodge for JCU Accommodation?
UniLodge offers students modern housing facilities at very affordable prices. Our JCU university accommodation is on-campus, so you don’t ever have to worry about missing your bus. Wake up and be at class in mere minutes!
Living on-campus is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the uni experience. You’ll be in the thick of all the social and cultural events and activities as they happen, so you never miss out on a thing. Our student housing comes with everything a student needs, including a cooktop, oven, microwave and fridge. There are also terrific common areas designed for relaxing and socialising.
UniLodge JCU Cairns Accommodation
There are several room types on offer to suit all students:
UniLodge John Grey Hall
• Studio Apartment
• 6-Bedroom Apartment
• Short Stay Studio Accommodation (2-14 days)
UniLodge JCU Townsville Accommodation
UniLodge JCU Halls of Residence has three unique properties to suit your living style:
- UniLodge JCU - George Roberts Hall: Multi-share 3 and 4 beroom apartments.
- UniLodge JCU - University Hall: 240 rooms made up of townhouses, lodges, Clark Wing and The Village.
- UniLodge JCU Rotary International House: Various three storey building with a variety of single bedrooms.
Find out more about our JCU accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.