The opportunity to live at Charles Darwin University (CDU) is one any potential student should be excited for. Known for its innovation and revolutionary thinking, CDU is a place where embracing change and challenging the norm is encouraged.
Attending CDU also comes with the added perk of living in Darwin – a scenic Australian city with an inclusive and culturally diverse community behind it. If you plan on studying at Charles Darwin University, it’s important to make sure you find a fitting place to stay.
How to Choose the Right CDU Accommodation
Darwin is a fantastic (and popular) study destination for international students. With that comes plenty of accommodation options to choose from. Where you decide to live will come down to what suits you best.
Things to Consider
• Location – Darwin is a beautiful city to explore, surrounded by natural wonders. You’ll want to find somewhere close to uni and convenient for getting around the city.
• Social opportunities – As a student-centric city, there’ll be plenty of opportunities to make new friends.
• Budget – It’s very affordable to live and explore Darwin on a student budget. Just be sure you have enough to cover rent each week!
In order to decide on which CDU student accommodation works best for you, take into consideration the pros and cons of each option:
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
• Pros – Shared bills and rent, independent lifestyle, live with friends
• Cons – Lack of privacy, messy housemates
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
• Pros – Academic and social activities, walking distance to class, be first to know what’s happening on campus
• Cons – Strict rules, fewer opportunities to explore Darwin
Pros and Cons of Homestay
• Pros – Meals included, support of host family, local advice about Darwin
• Cons – Isolated from other students, distance to classes
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
• Pros – Independence, advanced security features, opportunities to socialise with fellow residents
• Cons – Cleaning and cooking is your responsibility, noise from neighbours
For more information on Charles Darwin University student accommodation, check out the housing page on their website. This will provide you with details on both on-campus and off-campus living options. Otherwise, keep reading to learn about UniLodge’s CDU student accommodation.
Why Choose UniLodge for CDU Accommodation?
You’ll be setting your study and social life up for success living at UniLodge’s convenient student apartments. Our Charles Darwin University accommodation is just 800m away from campus, so you won’t ever have to stress about missing class (not to mention, more time to sleep in!). Living with fellow students means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make new friends and socialise in our excellent student common areas.
Your modern, furnished student apartment comes with everything you need, including air-conditioning – an absolute must in Darwin – and a fully equipped kitchen (certain to come in handy for whipping up all those late-night study snacks). Safety is paramount, which is why we have CCTV security monitoring and electronic key card access.
UniLodge Accommodation near Charles Darwin University
You’ll find the following room options available at UniLodge’s CDU accommodation:
• Studio Apartment
• 2-Bedroom Apartment
• 4-Bedroom Apartment
Contact UniLodge today to organise your accommodation.
Go back to the University Housing Index.