Students come from all over the world to attend Auckland’s outstanding universities. Located on the North Island of New Zealand, the city offers affordable rent, great career prospects, and a lively social scene. If you’re in search of AUT accommodation, Auckland is brimming with housing options for students.
The place you choose to call home during your university years should offer privacy, comfort and plenty of opportunities to make new friends. If you’re not sure where you want to live, think carefully about how your choice of accommodation could impact your university experience.
• Location – AUT student accommodation is located centrally on the corner of Mayoral Drive and Wakefield.
• Social opportunities – There’s more to the university experience than getting good grades – social events are also a big part of Auckland’s student culture.
• Budget – Determine how far you’ll need to stretch your student budget to cover rental costs.
Still undecided about where to live? Looking at the pros and cons of different AUT student accommodation options may help you reach a decision:
• Pros – Shared bills and rent, autonomous lifestyle, built-in friends
• Cons – Lack of space, messy common areas, complex leases
• Pros – Academic and social activities, walking distance to university facilities
• Cons – Reduced independence and personal space, isolated from local culture
• Pros – Exposure to New Zealand way of life, cheap rent, support of host family
• Cons – Reduced opportunities to make friends, distance to classes
• Pros – Comfortable rooms, advanced security features, community vibe
• Cons – Distractions from social events, sharing bathroom facilities in multi-bedroom apartments
For more advice on Auckland University of Technology accommodation, the university’s website has a Student Accommodation page with helpful resources. If you’ve decided to live in a student apartment, learn more about the options available with UniLodge below.
UniLodge accommodation caters for all interests and lifestyles. Whether you want to spend your spare time studying or socialising with other students, our apartments give you the freedom to create a lifestyle that’s all your own.
There are several AUT student apartments located near the City Campus, North Campus and South Campus, including:
55 Symonds Street – Studio deluxe apartments
UniLodge Auckland – Studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments
UniLodge on Whitaker – Studio apartments
Get your AUT accommodation organised before uni starts by contacting UniLodge today.
Go back to the University Housing Index.