As a hub of culture and academia, Canberra is a great place to attend university. If you’ve enrolled at ANU, finding the right student accommodation will help you feel at home in Australia’s capital city.
How to Choose the Right ANU Accommodation
When looking for accommodation near ANU, consider the type of living experience you’re hoping to have while at university. Some students find living on campus too restrictive, while others may struggle with the logistics of share housing.
It’s important to factor in your personal needs, as there’s no one-size-fits-all-solution when it comes to student accommodation.
Things to Consider
- Location – Living on campus offers convenience, but you may find it more difficult to familiarise yourself with Canberra.
- Social opportunities – Do you thrive in lively social settings, or are you more suited to quiet environments?
- Budget – Canberra’s growing job market and reputable university sector has increased rental prices in recent years.
ANU students have plenty of choice when it comes to finding somewhere to live. To find suitable accommodation, it’s important to consider the pros and cons associated with the different types of ANU student accommodation.
Pros and Cons of Share Housing
- Pros – Cheap rent, opportunities to meet new people, flexible living arrangements
- Cons – Messy housemates, lack of regulations
Pros and Cons of On-Campus Accommodation
- Pros – Social and educational opportunities, convenience of being close to classes
- Cons – Lack of independence and privacy, isolation from society outside of university
Pros and Cons of Homestay
- Pros – Improved prospects of experiencing local culture, homecooked meals, peaceful environment
- Cons – Lack of social gatherings, distance from university life
Pros and Cons of Student Apartments
- Pros – Secure, wide range of room sizes, opportunities to make new friends
- Cons – Noise from other residents, reduced opportunities to meet locals
You can discover more ANU housing options on the university’s website. If you like the idea of living in a secure environment with like-minded students, learn more about UniLodge’s Canberra ANU accommodation below.
Why Choose UniLodge for ANU Accommodation?
UniLodge has several student apartments located near the ANU campus. Catering to a range of budgets, all our ANU housing options are designed to help you make the most of your student years.
At UniLodge, we know leaving your home behind to study can be daunting. Living in our ANU accommodation means you’ll have more opportunities to make new friends and embrace the benefits of student living.
ANU students have a choice of accommodation at the following UniLodge properties:
- UniLodge @ ANU - Warrumbul Lodge – Studio, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom, 5-bedroom and 6-bedroom apartments
- UniLodge @ ANU - Davey Lodge – Studio, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 5-bedroom apartments
- UniLodge @ ANU - Kinloch Lodge – Studio, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom, 4-bedroom, 5-bedroom and 6-bedroom apartments
- UniLodge @ ANU - Lena Karmel Lodge – Studio, 2-bedroom, 5-bedroom and 6-bedroom apartments
- Academie House – Studio and 1-bedroom apartments
- UniLodge on Gould – 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments
Enquire about our ANU accommodation by contacting UniLodge today.