What is Community Spirit?
Community Spirit is an integrated, contemporary, student life program.
UniLodge's multicultural vision
We promote a cultural of mutual respect, tolerance and celebration of diversity. We aim to provide opportunity for the building of cross-cultural understanding and friendship.
- Feels respected
- Looks out for everyone else
- Belongs and shares a sense of family, friendship and belonging
- Interacts with, learns from, and values - all peoples
What does the program aim to achieve?
It offers a balanced program of activities that supports student life across many dimensions such as:
- Standard of living and quality of life as a whole
- Mental and physical health
- Academic and personal achievements
- Personal and social relationships
- Safety and security
- Community connectivity and belongingness
What type of activities underpin the Community Spirit program?
- Social responsibility activities such as getting students involved in raising much needed funds for a charity, or participation in community activities like “Clean up Sydney” campaign.
- Barbeques and nights full of entertainment, that work to encourage integration, fun and friendship.
- Trips to Aussie fun spots - go surfing, indoor rock-climbing, bike riding to great Australian icons.
- Educational and special interest forums, seminars and focus groups.
- Games nights and movies nights.
- Sporting activities such as netball, basketball, footy, cricket – it’s up to you!
- International parties and cultural activities.
UniLodge Uncut Student Newsletter
Every month the Residential Committee members help the Customer Service Manager generate an exciting newsletter full of upcoming activities, news, local events and entertainment - even jokes, recipes and competitions are part of the content mix.
Which UniLodge properties offer this program?
All properties offer Community Spirit, although Schedules of Activities will vary at each property.
All residents are encouraged to have their say and really be part of it by joining the Residential Committee. The committee members meet at the beginning of the semester to prepare the Schedule of Activities - and then every fortnight to catch up on how events went - and plan for the next.
For more information please contact the UniLodge property of your interest.