How do I reserve a room at UniLodge Stafford House?

Once you have registered with Victoria University of Wellington Accommodation Service and requested UniLodge Stafford House as your preference, your application will be forwarded to us and in turn we will make a contract offer to you. Once you have accepted our terms and conditions by signing the contract and returned it to UniLodge Stafford House with the contract deposit we will confirm your reservation.

What kind of contracts does UniLodge Stafford House offer?

For all our Victoria University of Wellington students a 38 week academic year is offered. We also assist students with a 19 week trimester contract who are looking to complete their degrees.

What does my accommodation payment include?

You payment includes your single room within an apartment, winter heating, telephone rental with local Wellington calling, weekly internet use of up to 20GB. It also includes free use of amenities such as our gym, music practice room and games room.

Do you have car parking facilities?


When do I pay my rent?

Please refer to the installment scheduling as set out in your contract offer

How does my mail get to me?

All mail is delivered to the office each working day. It is then sorted and distributed to the apartment mail boxes in the foyer.

What do I need to buy before I can move in?

Basic bedding pack, personal belongings, drying rack, food, cleaning products, TV optional for your bedroom.

How close is the nearest supermarket?

New World Thorndon supermarket is a 5 to 10 minute walk

If I really want to move rooms after I move in – is that possible?

No. However at the end of Trimester 1 it may be possible, should exceptional circumstances and reasons be accepted by UniLodge Stafford House. A fee may apply.

Can I move out at any time?

No, you are bound by your contract term and conditions

Is there extra storage outside my apartment?

Yes, we can assist with a secured space for empty suitcases, cartons but only for the duration of your contract.

Can I use my bond to pay my rent?

No, the bond is held in a trust account on your behalf until your contract terms and conditions have been met.

How long does it take for the bond to be refunded?

Normally within 4 to 6 weeks of your departure

How do I connect the internet/phone?

On arrival you need to complete the internet usage form. Once completed, a connection instruction sheet will be provided that will allow almost an immediate connection. The apartment telephone is automatically available for local Wellington use.

Is wireless internet available?

Yes, wifi is available throughout the building, supported by a cable port in all bedrooms.

How do I disconnect the internet/phone?

There is no need for a disconnection process at UniLodge Stafford House.


The Resident Handbook (居民手册)旨在帮助您了解公寓設施,并熟悉你作为居民的权利和责任。 我们希望該手册能够解决答您的最常见问题。