How do I reserve a room?

Choose your stay period and rooms types for Japan House,  Rotary International , Don Watts House or George James House.

Once we have received your application, we will contact you within 48 business hours by email to offer you an available apartment/room. If you receive an offer of accommodation with UniLodge you will be required to pay an application fee of $118, a security deposit equivalent to 4 weeks’ rent, a semester fee ($107 Activties Fee, $65 Facilities Fund) and a $107 Departure Clean Fund to secure your accommodation.

What kind of contracts does the property offer?

Our standard contract period is an Academic Year (46 weeks), however our Study Abroad/Exchange (SAEX) students have the option to apply for a Semester Lease (22 weeks). Please note all SAEX contracts must provide proof of exchange for a maximum of 6 months.

Do you have car park facilities?

Parking is FREE. Limited reserved car parking is provided for UniLodge @ Curtin residents. Permits are compulsory and available from UniLodge reception.

What do I need before I move in?

Your apartment is furnished with a bed, study desk and chair, wardrobe, TV, fridge, microwave and oven. You will need to supply all your own linen & kitchen equipment – these items are available online via our convenient UniLodge online shop, Your Shop.

What do I do if I have a visitor?

You are allowed to have guests visit you at UniLodge. As this is a secure student accommodation building, all residents are required to meet their guests at the entrance door as this door is only accessible by a resident swipe card/key. If your visitor is staying overnight, you need to register them with reception. 

What do I do if I want to change rooms after I move in?

Once you have signed a contract for your room, there is a $100 room move administration fee plus a departure clean fee should you decide to move to a different room within on-campus housing. Room moves are subject to availability.

Can I move out at any time?

When you move into your apartment, you sign a Residential Agreement. This is a legally binding document that means you have committed to paying rent from the start date on your contract until the end date of your contract. However, if you have no choice but to move out, you can break your lease if your enrolment status has changed, or, you have exceptional extenuating circumstances. Please refer to the Resident Handbook for more information on this process. 

What is a Condition Report?

We must prepare a ‘Condition Report’, which records the property’s general condition, including fittings and fixtures, and present you with a paper copies of this Report when you come to collect your keys. Review and, if necessary, add your comments to the ‘Condition Report’. You must return the report to UniLodge within three business days of moving in and you should keep a copy of the ‘Condition Report’ until the end of the tenancy. The ‘Condition Report’ is a very important document, as it can be used as evidence if there is a dispute about who should pay for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items, particularly at the end of a tenancy. You may want to take photos of your apartment at the start of your tenancy to further show the condition. You may be liable for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items at the end of your tenancy if it is not recorded on the condition report. 

What happens when I vacate my room?

You need to leave your apartment clean and tidy, and ensure all personal items have been removed, report any damage that may have been caused during your tenancy.

What additional fees need to be paid once a room is booked?

The following fees are applicable upon a successful booking application:

  • Application/Processing fee of $118 per application
  • Facility fee of $65 per person, per semester
  • Activity fee of $107 per person, per semester 
  • Departure clean of $107 per person to be paid upfront.

A four-week security deposit will also be required to secure your room. All prices are correct as at 01/10/19

What is included in the Activity Fee?

The activity fee of $107 per semester covers all your weekly activities through our Residential Life Program. 

What happens if I need to cancel my booking before my contract start date?

Should you not receive an Academic offer from Curtin University, you are required to provide cancellation notice within 7 days of not receiving an Academic Offer and before your contract start date. You will be entitled to a refund except for the Application Fee. If you cancel for any other reason before your contract start date or provide notice of not receiving an academic offer after the 7-day period has lapsed, the Application Fee and a one-week cancellation fee will be deducted from your refundCancellations on or after your contract start date will only be considered if:

  1. You have withdrawn for university, or,
  2. There are exceptional extenuating circumstances

This process is outlined in the Resident Handbook.


The Resident Handbook (居民手册)旨在帮助您了解公寓設施,并熟悉你作为居民的权利和责任。 我们希望該手册能够解决答您的最常见问题。