How do I reserve a room at UniLodge John Grey Hall

  • Complete the Application Form.
  • Once we have received your application from JCU, we will contact you within 72 hours by email to offer you an available apartment/room.
  • If you receive an offer of accommodation with UniLodge you will be required to pay an administration fee, 4 weeks’ rent in advance and an annual fees in order to secure your accommodation.

What kind of contracts does the property offer?

Academic Year (40 weeks), Semester 1 and Semester 2. Please note, semester contracts are only available to Study Abroad and Exchange Students, or those who are completing a course mid year.

Do you have car parking facilities?

Dedicated reserved car parking is provided for UniLodge John Grey Hall residents. Permits are compulsory and available from UniLodge reception. Limited parking is available.

What do I need to buy before I can move in?

Your apartment is furnished with a bed, study desk and chair, wardrobe, TV, fridge, and microwave oven. You will need to supply all of your own linen & kitchen equipment – available online via our convenient UniLodge online shop, Your Shop.

What do I do if I have a visitor?

If you wish to have an overnight guest, please click this link to fill out our Overnight Guest Request Form.

If I really want to move rooms after I move in – is that possible?

Yes, you can but you will be required to pay an apartment move fee and departure fee prior to doing so.

Can I move out at any time?

When you move into your apartment, you sign a Residential Agreement. This is a legally binding document that means you have committed to paying rent from the start date on your contract until the end date of your contract. If you move out, you still have to pay rent until your contract expires. However, if you have no choice but to move out, you can break your lease. This means that you need to pay an early termination fee and the rent until someone else takes over your contract.

What is a Condition Report?

We must prepare a ‘Condition Report’, which records the property’s general condition, including fittings and fixtures, and present you with 2 paper copies of this Report when you come to collect your keys. Review and, if necessary, add your comments to the ‘Condition Report’. You must return the report to UniLodge within three business days of moving in and you should keep a copy of the ‘Condition Report’ until the end of the tenancy. The ‘Condition Report’ is a very important document, as it can be used as evidence if there is a dispute about who should pay for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items, particularly at the end of a tenancy. You may want to take photos of your apartment at the start of your tenancy to further show the condition. You may be liable for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items at the end of your tenancy if it is not recorded on the condition report.

What happens when I vacate?

You need to leave your apartment clean and tidy, and ensure all personal items have been removed, report any damage that may have been caused during your tenancy. You will also need to make sure that all of your rent and fees are paid up until the end of your contract end date.

I have a maintenance request. How do I log this with the building/get this issue attended to?

You will need to log a Maintenance Request Form. Please Click Here to fill out the form.

I am going on holidays. How do I let the property know?

Please fill out this form: Click Here

What fees do I need to pay?

  • Four weeks rent in advance
  • Administration fee $350
  • Annual fee (inlcuding Community Spirit Program fund - events and activities $90, facilities fund $30 and damages fund $30)
  • Departure clean fee $85 to100 per room


The Resident Handbook (居民手册)旨在帮助您了解公寓設施,并熟悉你作为居民的权利和责任。 我们希望該手册能够解决答您的最常见问题。