At UniLodge, we believe that it is important for you to maintain your privacy. We are therefore committed to limiting access to your personal information.
Unilodge Australia Pty Limited complies with the Ten National Privacy Principles (NPP), as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
Purpose of the Policy
UniLodge Australia Pty Limited (UniLodge) takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1998 (Commonwealth) seriously and as such takes all reasonable steps to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we intend to do so.
The Policy applies to all our customers being student lodgers, hotel and accommodation residents, and all those that provide us with their personal information.
A copy of the NPP Act is available at http://www.privacy.gov.au/publications/ipps.html.
Collection of Information
UniLodge is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy, and security of your personal information. We therefore will only collect information, which is relevant to our relationship with you.
The information we collect will include personal details from which you can be identified or which are relevant to your application for a room at UniLodge. This may include details such as your home address, home and mobile phone numbers as well as your email address, bank account information and information about your attendance at University. Additionally, we may request contact details for your next of kin. We will collect this information directly from you.
If we are unable to obtain this personal information, we may be unable to provide you with accommodation at Unilodge and/or some of the services referred to in the resident’s handbook.
Use of your Information
We will limit the use of your personal information to:
- conducting our business of providing accommodation, student life activities, associated services and performing our internal administration or operations,
- maintaining records as required by Local, State or Federal Laws and for the proper administration of your account,
- advising you of matters which are relevant to your application for accommodation at UniLodge,
- maintaining our relationship with you as a lodger at UniLodge
We may use your information to offer you services or products that we believe may meet your needs or otherwise be of interest to you as a lodger of Unilodge. If you would rather not receive any of this information, you can notify us at any time by emailing us on our website.
Who may use your Information?
We will not share your personal information with any other company or person, other than:
- regulatory bodies,
- government agencies,
- law enforcement bodies,
- tribunals, and
- courts as required by law
Unilodge binds our associated companies, employees, agents, contractors and external advisers and other organisations with which we deal to the same standard of confidentiality as Unilodge itself promises in this policy, so that they cannot provide this information to anyone else.
We only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. We will only use the sensitive information, which you chose to provide to us, to assist with the allocation of your accommodation at Unilodge, and to maintain our relationship with you. This may include contacting your next of kin if you are involved in a medical emergency or at the request of Law Enforcement agencies.
Security of your information
- Your information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically in our systems.
- We maintain physical security over our paper and electronic data storage as well as our premises and computer net work, which meet current industry standards.
- We will not retain any of your information for longer than is required by us operational or administratively or in order to fulfil our legal and statutory obligations.
- With your help, we will keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date.
Access to your Information
You can access most of the personal information we hold about you and request corrections or updates. However, unless required to do so by Law, we will not provide you with information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings against you, or which might threaten the privacy of others.
We will promptly respond to any request for correction or updating of your personal information.
Contacting us about your Information
If you would like to gain access to or correct or update your personal information or you think we have failed to comply with the standards, which are set out in this policy, please contact us at our student services area.